Saturday, August 3, 2013

Tooth aches, dessert is very important, and Ruth Anne is very popular


Durp Durp
I had a crown put on my root canal tooth. I didn't take notice the amount of Novocain the dentist gave me. A lot. This is me trying my hardest to smile. My neighbors said it was terrifying when I genuinely laughed. It was the longest my face has stayed numb. I was convinced he had permanently messed my face up and played out dramatic scenes in my mind of suing for lots of money and then becoming a spokesperson for faulty medical practice suits. Then the numbness started to wear off and my mouth hurt like a bitch. 


Millet Salad
Salad I made with millet I made in the beginning of the week: Salad greens, millet, feta, hardboiled egg, figs, roasted chicken, bacon, grape seed oil. Twas yummy. I made kinda the same thing just now, but used Brianna's Poppy Seed dressing. The stuff is like crack. 

At Sucre for Middle-of-the-Week-Day-Treat
I can't get enough of this girl. Nuff said. 

All smiles (and sometimes grumbles)
Again. Love. Just love. 

Potstickers and Crab Rangoon
I can't get enough Vietnamese this week. Sara and I went to Magasin on Magazine Street. They have really great pork bun, but then again, I haven't met a pork bun I haven't like, amiright? Anyway, their service is great, place is nice and clean, and I like sitting outside watching the people pass. 
"Ruuuuthh Anne. You don't have to put on the red light..."
I'm dog sitting Ruth Anne this week. She is beyond ecstatic. I put her in a bag and take her around with me. She is very popular. People stop us on the street all day and she smiles and preens. I just wish she wouldn't bark so much at much larger and tougher dogs. You're not tough Ruth Anne, you're just not. 

"Eat dessert first; you never know if you'll make it through your meal"
Going to La Petite Grocery for just dessert and mocktails (blerg, I hate saying that) has become a favorite thing of mine. Their pastry chef is fantastic, and the bartender that makes my special non-alcoholic drinks is amazing. I think we spent more money on dessert. Pictured above is their butterscotch pudding. Holy hell, it is heaven. 

My shirt says 'Keep It Fresh'

Ruthanne and I chilling hard. This week is gonna be super fun. And the next week. And next month! Hectic and busy but fun. I like staying busy, when I'm not I get depressed because I don't know how to just relax and chill by myself. My mind starts working in over time and creating ridiculous situations about what I should be doing with my time and being more productive....

But my best love Jackie may visit this week, and on Friday it's my 26th birthday! I'll be flying to NY that day to join the caravan of family driving down to the lake in Virginia for a little family vaca. My maternal grandparents used to have a house on Smith Mountain Lake, and since before I was born, all the kids would get shipped down there for the summer; swimming, boating, fishing, reading, hanging out. I think we are all super excited to go back and enjoy the summer fun as adults (adults? what does that even MEAN?)

And then September is going to be a whirlwind. I'm almost scared of it...but excited. Lots of ramping up for my girl's wedding in October. HOLD ON!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment