1. Cafe Reconcile reopened! I was never there before, but glad I've been now. Holy bajeebus-- a delicious plate of southern cooking for 13$? Yes please. It is a rare occasion that I am off of work when they are open, but this is the best lunch deal in town. AND it's also around the corner from my house on OC Haley Blvd (yeah!).
|fried catfish with crawfish etouffee, smothered okra and collard greens|
|My friend Matthew has a beautiful soul|
|Velvet Cafe is on the left corner...|
3. Oh, hey, pan to the right a bit...
As much as I am excited about all the new happenings on OC Haley, I equally can find enough to lament about in terms of dead spaces. I was pondering in my head what this building could become and then was recently told it is becoming a Trader Joe's! Alright, now let's talk about what we can do to help all the homeless people that congregate in the area near the mission...
4. I spent some time at the playground this week with my buddy Tibo. I always find myself corralled by multiple children, and I think I really need to become a teacher.
5. This one warms my heart and soul. I love her to the moon and back
6. I created a new drink at work; Wheat grass, lemon, and cucumber. It's super light a refreshing. We gotta get a wheat grass juicer
I also have to think of something delicious for these babies. We got a ton of delicious and beautiful produce from Inglewood Farm. They are da best.
I hit up the Chris Owen's Easter Parade on the way back uptown (of course there is a parade, this is New Orleans). So this is my Easter "Basket", heh heh heh.