Saturday, June 1, 2013

ELC Day 1


This morning I woke up, had a big glass of local tap water (ha!) and headed to the Crescent City Farmers Market. I got there a little late but was able to get a dozen eggs, a bunch of peaches, cilantro, pecan pieces, squash blossoms, and some local jellies.

I have a party to go to this afternoon, which will be quite a difficult first day (they're getting BBQ from The Joint). I'm going to make some sort of salsa thing with the veggies and cilantro. 

I need to find some basil so I can make pesto with the pecan pieces and oil. Ill eat it with zucchini and potato latkes. 

For breakfast I'm having non-fat Greek yogurt, strawberries, blueberries, peach, pecan pieces, and satsuma jelly. It's delicious but I feel like it would be healthier if I could add flax seeds and chia seeds. 


Any cooking suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Last night we had a fantastic meal at Cochon Butcher. I mentioned this was my last meal before doing the challenge, and they said everything was local! I'm afraid I'm gonna eat too much meat this month....

No comments:

Post a Comment